Ok, so obviously there are many things that happen at the gym that we see and think about. For those who are not aware (or just happen to enjoy this kind of stuff), I present to you today’s Top 5 Gym Etiquette and/or No-no’s: (actual things I have seen or continue to see at the gym that I find humorous or disturbing)
- Walking into the gym, standing around talking to about 4 or 5 people, then talking on your cell phone for about 10 mins, picking up a pair of 10 pound weights, doing about 12 reps, walking over and looking at yourself in the mirror, going to talk to another person or two, then leaving, does not constitute as a workout every morning.
- If you are continuously, discreetly stopping and looking at yourself in the mirror and flexing every 2 minutes, its ok…you don’t have to “try” and be discreet…we all see you doing it. You can stop looking around to see if anyone saw you after you did it the first 10 times.
- GUYS DO NOT WEAR SHORT SHORTS WHILE WORKING OUT! There is no reasonable explanation for you to do this that would benefit you or anybody else in the gym.
- Getting into a grunting match with the guy (or lady) all the way across the gym that is lifting more weight than you is not fun or enjoyable for any one there, it is flat out annoying. Stop it!
- It is understandable that you are proud of your body and maybe you have lost a ton of weight or bulked up or whatever, but the rest of us in the locker room DO NOT need for you to walk around naked for 10 - 15 minutes greeting and talking to everyone that comes in to change clothes.
That is all for today. There will be more next week. Stay tuned!